Textile Technologies Europe Ltd
Phone: +44 (0)161 367 1370
Fax: +44 (0)161 367 1371
Electrical Insulating Sleevings
Cheshire Ribbons range of sleeving comprises of both braided or knitted constructions produced from glass yarns or plastic monofilaments. Coatings can be applied to enhance properties by using synthetic resins or silicone elastomers.
- Provision of primary or secondary electrical insulation of component wiring
- Protection of cables and components from the impact of mechanical and thermal damage
- Economic method of bunching and containing cables
- Lead protection and joint insulation in electric motors
- Intercoil connection insulation on vehicle starter motor field coils
- Lead insulation on many different types of carbon brushes
- Protect and insulate different sizes and types of transformers
- Protect wire harnesses from radiant heat
- Domestic heating appliances
- Light fittings
CRM sleevings are available from 0.5mm – 25mm bore size and certain expandable sleevings are available up to 150mm bore.
CRM sleevings are supplied in reel form or can be cut to specified lengths
Working Temperature (Thermal Classification)
CRM sleevings are available for working temperatures from -70°C to + 500°C and for Class F, Class H or Class C rated equipment.
CRM sleevings are available with electric strengths from 0.8kV to 10 Kv.
CRM sleevings are available to meet 0.7mm and 1.0mm guaranteed minimum wall thickness requirements of British Standards for appliances.
CRM sleevings are available classed as non-flammable and as self extinguishing grades tested to UL 1441/VW
CRM sleevings are in the main resistant to acids, alkalis, transformer coolants, fuels, lubricants and many other solvents.
- Heat Cleaned glass sleeving
- Silicone coated glass sleeving
- Silicone impregnated glass sleeving
- Acrylic coated glass sleeving
- Acrylic impregnated glass sleeving
- Polyester Monofilament sleeving
- Reflective Glass sleeving
Information contained in this publication is for illustrative purposes only and is not intended to create any contractual obligation. Cheshire Ribbon Manufacturing reserves the right to change product specifications at any moment without prior notice. Please note that information given is in good faith and should be considered as a guide only. Suitability of the product for all applications is at the discretion of the user.