Textile Technologies Europe Ltd
Phone: +44 (0)161 367 1370
Fax: +44 (0)161 367 1371
- Versatile way to protect structural steel from fire and heat devastation
- Engine exhaust systems
- Hot section heat shields
- Industrial and domestic furnaces
- Safe asbestos replacement
- High sound absorption for noise abatement
- Fire protection / containment in refineries and oil rigs
- Refrigeration insulation
- Non –respirable
- Very high alkali and acid resistance
- Negligible moisture absorption
- Remarkable immunity to nuclear radiation, UV light and biological contamination
Basalt needle mat is manufactured from 100% continuous basalt fibres that are specially carded to produce a high volume batt. This is then mechanically needled to bond the fibres, which results in a dimensionally stable mat or felt, possessing excellent thermal and acoustic insulating properties without any chemical binder.
Basalt mat / felt provides very low thermal conductivity and can withstand continuous working temperatures in excess of 816°C, making it a flexible material that ensures exceptional high temperature performance. With excellent drapeability, it conforms to irregular surfaces to meet a variety of design needs, while its chemical and properties make it highly durable and safe.
Basalt fibre needle mat is manufactured in thicknesses ranging from 3mm -25mm and in different densities.
Information contained in this publication is for illustrative purposes only and is not intended to create any contractual obligation. Cheshire Ribbon Manufacturing reserves the right to change product specifications at any moment without prior notice. Please note that information given is in good faith and should be considered as a guide only. Suitability of the product for all applications is at the discretion of the user.